Stopping by Woods
Let's get started!
1.5" Gallery Wrap
Grey Barn Wood
About Stopping by Woods
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
Robert Frost, 1925Whose woods these are I think I know.His house is in the village though;He will not see me stopping hereTo watch his woods fill up with snow.My little horse must think it queerTo stop without a farmhouse nearBetween the woods and frozen lakeThe darkest evening of the year.He gives his harness bells a shakeTo ask if there is some mistake.The only other sound’s the sweepOf easy wind and downy flake.The woods are lovely, dark and deep,But I have promises to keep,And miles to go before I sleep,And miles to go before I sleep.
For as long as I can remember, my mom has had a small framed art print of the same phrase I lettered from this poem, hanging by the door on the way in and out of the garage. I can remember so vividly noticing it, in all the houses we've lived, in so many poignant and not-so-poignant moments of my life. Something about it resonates deep in my soul, and it feels so right to letter Robert Frost's contemplative words as part of the Fall 2016 Collection.
- Lindsay Letters fine art prints are reproductions of Lindsay's original artwork, including her own hand lettering and original paintings.
- Printed on your choice of matte fine art paper or canvas.
- Proudly made – just for you – in the USA!
- All artwork ©Lindsay Sherbondy. All rights reserved.
Fine Art Canvases
- Professional Giclée print on museum quality cotton canvas.
- Includes a matte finish UV protective coating and super easy hanging system.
- Size listed is for the size of the artwork, excluding the frame.
- Because each and every piece is custom created to order, we are unable to accept returns on Wall Art.
- Ships from Raleigh, NC in 5-7 business days.
About Lindsay Sherbondy of Lindsay Letters
Lindsay is a calligrapher, painter, and authenticity-advocate that believes you are worthy of meaningful art! She started Lindsay Letters (accidentally) in 2009, and has been working (intentionally) at creating beautiful and meaningful works for you to love & make your own ever since.